1. Glass reformed from recycled glass instead of raw materials reduces air
pollution up to 20% and water pollution by 50%.
2. Americans use 50 million tons of paper per year, consuming a little more
than 850 million trees.
3. If 25% of families replace 10 plastic bags with reusable bags, it would
reduce production by at least 2.5 billion bags per year.
4. By turning your central heating thermostat down by one degree, your fuel
consumption can be cut up to 10%.
5. In Malaysia, 125 acres of tropical forest has more species of trees than
the entire continent of North America has.